Mission statement: Every single child in Bristol is healthy and ready to learn by age five, and achieves developmental and school success by age nine.
Visit our website www.MakingBristolBetter.com
Follow us on Facebook: Making Bristol Better
BECA's commitment and goals:
- Expanding the supply of high quality care and education and improving the quality of existing programs.
- Building stronger connections between early care and elementary education.
- Improving students' social, emotional and academic performance.
- Advocacy on behalf of children and families by supporting initiatives that increase access to healthcare and healthy lifestyles for your children.
- Support multidisciplinary approach (e.g. Pediatricians, Ages & Stages, FRC) to develop parents understanding of child developmental milestones, build recognition of red flags, and help parents feel comfortable advocating for their child when concerns exist.
- Increase access to books/support literacy through our Appetite for Reading program offering free books at 10 sites/ bookshelves located throughout the community. In addition to providing Appetite for Reading books at various community events to further promote the importance of reading.